We are the reading animals,we can turn pages,we can scroll the screens,we can turn the pale grass enticing green....For The Love Of Reading and For the Fellow Readers


Saturday, October 10, 2015

The womb's diary

Prologue
The palpitation dazzled me for a while though  relentlessly making my way out through the trough and crests I framed all the nature's grace that surrounded me and made my existence due possible.
I could barely resist myself.It was what I crave for,my utmost desire and as the patron customize,I was  good at it too.I loved the ambience that embraced me.
It was benevolent to me.Technologically,I was intact with the the virtual mind I retained,that could be a replica of a DSLR that i would posses if a well to do parent would nurture me.
The enticing beauty of blood was astonishing.The waves it made,the bubbles it pulled and the cute small tornados around.The egony every cut brought with it,the unadulterated pain it caused and the emotions that sheldom made it appear higher.The retaliation was provided by inflammatory responses of immunes that brawl ahead to combat the shady cuts.It was just the begining indeed it was and a dynamic one.But the beginning is just the door,you have the big maze yet to come.A dynamic door doesn't mean a dynamic victory.It was a small surrounding though I found a lot of interesting stuffs around.
My desire was intact ,but destiny had its own play and then I was born.


SEPTEMBER 04 1996
01:15 A.M
The time was acute but my fortune wasn't.
Ironically,as I made my way out of the carvix I felt bounded.
As if someone had imprisoned me and then a voice uttered
' "Aarav"we would call him'
It was Dr.Rajeshwar Mathur, who just had been graced with a baby boy.
He was not opretational during the surgery though was eternally present throughout the process.Needless to say, she was the best gynecologist in town who was a dear friend of "to be father" as well.
She handed me to the man who had acclaimed a doctor beneath me from the very intermediate second of my existance.

Fast Forward 18 year

Present Days

What ever happened till now in my life had been a miscellaneous experience that me and my conscience witnessed and nobody else.


MAY 18 2015 5:36 AM
Click Click
As my DSLR(The one DAD gifted me on my 16th) framed few aviating birds who were on there daily monotonous endevour to wakes the city up!Ironically their job seemed to be more happening then that of mine..
Some more of those moneyplants that wrapped around the walls of the terrece to embrace it.
And then knock on the door..
"Aarav it's almost 6, get ready .Its  a big day my son and dont forget the admit card and stationaries"dad uttered.
(Unfortunately I happend to do good in academics so no exuse for opting what my family was into since ages,medicine.
But indian education system  consider only those student for med school who do qualify for the test held by state and central authorities)
So here I am today at "Bal vidya kendra" my examination centre for the State Medical Entrance Test standing outside the entry door for the guard to utter my roll no.
"2358016 Aarav Mathur" he murmured.Oh thats me,my dad hugged me and wished me luck and then I was in the examination hall waiting for my question paper as the examiner distributed them.
And abruptly,Oh its my conscience that just woke up.
He firmly said "Just capitulate the past 18 years Aarav. 18 years of your bare existence.Are you really up for this?Once you are into a medical school you are noway going to be a documentary filmmaker." "I know it I have already pondered about it a way back ago and it seems to be that its just a cliche and i'll get over this trauma  once I crack this holy competition as it would be overwhelming."I talked with my conscience
"For whom it would be overwhelming?For you?"He questioned
"Not particularly but definitely for my parents and people around."I retaliated
My conscience gave me an implicit sarcastic smile,it didn't say much after that.Neither did I wanted it to.I too knew what i said.But I had burned my midnight oils for this day.I was put up in a competitive environment which had gripped me into the world of competition and had persuaded me to join the league of these nerdy folks around me.
But now the silence in the room had put a dilemma up in my mind.Not even my conscience said a single word.It was tammed,so was I!
I realized that thinking about this situation the other days and thinking about it today had a big difference.
Today I was scared,to fail on my destiny.The other days it was just a thought that arose like other!
Damn,executions can be tedious!
And then post 5 minutes the question paper arrived.
Every thought was freezed,every destination was blurred what only appeared was a room full of peers i didn't knew and seeing the vicinity lost in the paper I too  dived in the sea.Fortunately or unfortunately I did well.

Fast forward 20 days
"Congratulation buddy the documentery that you made during the annual fest last year has been shortlisted for 'International short film festival'that is to be held in GOA this year"A friend of mine pinged me.
Alas i forgot!As studies kept me engaged for so long I barely got time to think about something  Be it my greatest passion.
"Would you attend it?"he asked
"Will think about it!"i texted back
"When is it?"I asked him
"July 28"he answered
"Okey thanks for informing"i pleased
"Good day"he texted
"You too TTYL" we exchanged plesentaries  and I was again in a dillema.Entrance exam results are out on 25th and if I am selected that apparently is ought to happen then i'll have to attend the counselling session that starts from 27th.
I was honest with myself,i didn't wanted to lose both the opportunities .Not because of my parents or anyone but just because of certainty.
"One in hand is worth two in bushes."I thought
I was a complete paradox at that instant!


Wake up I said it to my conscience.
He didn't.

And then as i walked out of my room to the dining space the headlines in the news channel addressed "As the medical entrance paper leaks in 7 districts of  the state,exams to be reconducted by state authorities on JULY 26th"
I did breathe a sigh if relief.
God was on my side this time.
       " Life is not always about surrendering dreams or careers or vise versa.Sometimes its just about grabbing the right opportunity at the right time.In this constantly changing world what can only stop you from achieving your goal is you yourself"
                      
               -  A STORY BY PRIYANSHU SINHA

No comments:

Post a Comment